Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Debate Rules....(Zzzzzz)

So, not much on tonight that caught the eye. The Vice Presidential debate seems to be everywhere.
Quick thoughts:
The Moderator:
Gwen Ifill did a way better job than I thought she would, particularly after the news came out that she has a book coming out about Barry Obama....On inauguration day. Apparently she was stunned when some people thought that this information would be relevant to her impartialness (I know...that's not a word).
I don't know gobs about Gwen, and I really don't care if she does a book on anyone. Nor do I care when that book comes out. However, the fact that she hinted that it may be a bit racist for people to suspect a lack of impartiality, kind of took my breath away.
However, she didn't seem to be all about the Gotcha, so that's cool.
The VP candidates:
Both like-able. No real surprises. My mind wasn't changed, and I suspect no one elses were.
People who hate GW are going to not like Gov Palin. Particularly since she says NUCULAR too! LOVE IT.
People who think Barry is bad for the country aren't going to have their worries alleviated by Joe either.
The middle? They were watching baseball.

No comments: